Playlist for Life is a UK music and dementia charity. We want everyone with dementia to have a unique, personal playlist of music and everyone who loves or cares for them to know how to use it. Building a personal playlist means exploring someone’s life-story to gather the tunes that are most deeply attached to memories and emotions.
This volunteering role is an opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative pilot project to help people affected by dementia access the power of personal playlists.
Often people have questions about how to start making a playlist and what technology to use to buy, download and help a person listen to their music. Playlist for Life is piloting a telephone helpline, based at our head office in Govanhill in Glasgow, to offer advice to make it easier to create and use playlists. We are looking for volunteers to support us in delivering this service.
- Someone who enjoys helping others
- Good at listening, empathetic and patient
- Dependable, punctual and have a friendly, confident and calm telephone manner
- Confident using computers, internet, email, databases and trying new things
- Confident using online platforms such as Amazon, Spotify, YouTube etc
- Open-minded and respectful of the beliefs and views of others
- Understanding of the need to protect the privacy of others
Would you like to donate your time and skills?
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to weekly or fortnightly shifts of 2-4 hours on a Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoon. The pilot is a 6-month project and we hope that volunteers will be able to commit to a minimum of 12 weeks. Training and support will be provided. All volunteers are subject to PVG disclosure.
What you can gain from volunteering with Playlist for Life
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of those affected by dementia and their families and carers.
- Utilising your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
- Playlist for Life will act as a referee for you after successful completion of your role
- Reimbursement for travel expenses (with prior agreement)
Location: Playlist for Life, Unit 1, Govanhill Workspace, 69 Dixon Road, Glasgow, G42 8AT
How to apply: Please fill out our online volunteer application form, ticking the box marked ‘Office’. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline: Tuesday, 17th March 2020 at 9AM