- Would you like to bring the power of playlists to the people living at home in your community?
- Does your organisation already work with people with dementia?
- Do you have physical premises with good public footfall?
- Can you have a permanent display of Playlist for Life materials easily accessible to members of the public popping in?
- Would you like to connect with like-minded organisations, to share ideas and discover new ways to improve your existing services?
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, you should think about hosting a Playlist for Life Help Point in your organisation.
Almost 350 community organisations around the UK are already supporting the people they work with to use the power of music to help dementia through the free Playlist for Life Help Point programme. Many are also discovering that Playlist for Life is a positive, useful and fun approach for their organisation that enhances and supports the great things they are already doing.
A Help Point is somewhere local where people can go to pick up leaflets and materials about creating and using a personal playlist. They are hosted in existing organisations already working with people with dementia e.g. places of worship, libraries, dementia cafes, carers centres and GP’s surgeries,.
All the training and materials you need are provided absolutely FREE!
Watch the video to find out more from people who are already doing it.
What you get:
- 2 x places on training events held regularly around the country.
- Access to the password protected Member Zone, to get downloadable resources and unlimited online training for all your staff and volunteers.
- A Help Point pack of high quality materials and resources – includes a bound copy of 100 Years Of Song
- Bulletins sharing best practice, funding opportunities and the latest news and research on music and dementia
- A listing on the Playlist for Life
Cost: Nothing. It’s free!
Next deadline: Friday 31st Janury 2020
* Note for Health Care Establishments: Care homes and hospital wards can become Help Points if they can meet the basic criteria. To discuss whether your care organisation is eligible please contact the Playlist for Life team using our Contact form or by phoning 0141 404 0683 before submitting an application.