To answer that question we recently tested almost forty different mp3 music players – you can see some of them in the photo at the top of this page. We weighed them up on four criteria: simplicity, reliability, robustness, and cost effectiveness.
The one that came out on top was this one: the Bush MP3 player, available exclusively from Argos and Sainsbury’s.
- It’s very simple to use. There’s one big button to play and stop your music.
- It only costs £12.99 so if it accidentally gets lost or put in the washing machine, buying another won’t break the bank.
- The battery lasts around 10 hours and we never had any issues listening to our music.
- It’s reasonably robust and stood up fairly well to being dropped and stood on!
Some of our contacts in care homes and hospitals have been trying the Bush player and their feedback has been very positive.
But now – oh no! – disaster has struck!
Just as we found a music player that ticked all the boxes, Bush/Argos /Sainsburys appear to have decided to stop making it.
We’ve been in touch with them to beg them to rethink that decision. We’re not asking them to give it away for free – just to keep selling a great little device to the many thousands of people who need it.
But our call will be more powerful if you add your voice. So please join our campaign:
- Tweet @Argos_Online and @Sainsburys, ask them to reconsider and tell them #WeLoveTheBush– remember to copy @PlaylistForLife into your tweets and posts.
- Look out for our Facebook and Twitter posts and retweet them to @Argos_Online and @Sainsburys
- If you own or use the Bush mp3 player take a selfie and tweet it to us, @Argos_Online, and @Sainsburys
Hopefully, together, we can get them to rethink!