We're making a film to celebrate 10 years of meaningful music for dementia and we want YOU to get involved
As you may know, 2023 marks the 10th birthday of Playlist for Life and as the celebrations near, we’d love to invite our community to participate in a celebratory video which will document our journey of supporting those affected by dementia with the power of music.
If you’d like to take part, all you need to do is record a short video message in landscape format to wish us a happy birthday. We will compile all messages into a longer film. This is really easy to do and can be done on a smartphone or digital camera and then be sent to us via WeTransfer, a large file sharing tool. We will then download your message and add it to our video.
If you’re not sure where to begin, here are our top tips for filming a happy birthday message:
- Try to film your message in a quiet area inside. This will help reduce background noise so we can hear you clearly.
- Film your message in a well-lit area and make sure any natural light coming through a window is facing you. Watch out for any light bulbs that might cause a glare.
- Hold your phone in a landscape position.
- Leave five seconds of video at the start and end of your message. This will help us ‘stitch’ your message into our video. To do this simply count silently to five after hitting ‘record’, start your message and count silently to five again when you finish your message before stopping the camera.
- Try to keep your message to no longer than 10-15 seconds.
- When you are ready to send us your clip, upload it to WeTransfer and follow the steps on WeTransfer to send us your file.
Not sure what to say in your birthday message to us? You could try:
- “Happy birthday!”
- “Happy 10 Years to Playlist for Life”
- You could also add in your experience of using personalised playlists or your experience with our charity.
- Why not tell why you think meaningful music is beneficial for people living with dementia?
We hope you have fun creating your birthday messages and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Please use WeTransfer to send your video to: email@example.com
Deadline for submissions is 15th May 2023.