Below you will find information to help you run your Help Point along with ideas on ways you can incorporate Playlist for Life into your service and activities.
If you have a question that isn’t answered here please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Help Point Pack
Ordering more materials
Digital versions of all the materials in your Help Point pack, plus many more handy guides on creating playlists are available on our Resources page. These are available to all, so please do share with your community.
Our resources are available in English, Bengali, Simplified Chinese, Gaelic (Scottish), Gujarati, Hindi, Nepalese, Polish, Punjabi, Somali, Urdu and Welsh.
You can share our resources and raise awareness of Playlist for Life and personalised playlists by finding ways to incorporate our materials into your existing services and activities. Below are some resources to help you:
Promoting your Help Point
Here are some ideas to help you reach people affected by dementia in your local community to let them know about your Help Point.
- If you have a local Dementia Action Alliance or Dementia Friendly Town group, could they share information on your Help Point?
- Are there local care homes and hospitals that could let staff and families know you can help them make a playlist for someone they care for?
- Could local GP surgeries, pharmacies, places of worship, community centres and other community hubs signpost to you and include information in newsletters or on their social media?
- Would your local paper or radio station consider mentioning your Help Point? You could send them your information using suggested text and info from our ‘PR support for newsletters and local press’ document, found below.
- If your group or organisation use social media, could you link with local community groups and dementia support groups in your area and ask them to share information on their profiles/pages?
- Help Point posters:
– English poster with space to include contact information
–English poster without contact information
- Social media content:
– Help Point post for social media
– Google Drive with sample social media posts and images
- PR support for newsletters and local press:
– Sample press release
If you have questions or need some support then join one of our weekly drop ins every Friday from 10am – 11am, for the chance to:
– Chat to a Playlist for Life Team member
– Network and share ideas with other Help Points
– Share success stories and challenges
Please get in touch to request the Zoom link.
Tips for a dementia-friendly Help Point
Advice on engaging with people living with dementia
We are very glad to share here some advice drafted by Dr Jennifer Bute about how best to engage with people with dementia. Jennifer is a retired GP who developed Alzheimer’s dementia at a relatively early age. She now lives in a village for people with dementia and has become a powerful advocate for ways in which we can communicate and care better for people living with the condition.